Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Love/Hate

I have a love/hate relationship with steroids. I love that they decrease my pain and help me breathe better. I hate everything else.

Do you have something like that in your life? Something you are so grateful for and despise at the same time? Because I'm telling you, when I talked to my doctor and she said I have to start on steroids, I had a little sigh of relief at the thought of breathing and wanted to kick the door all at the same time. So, I'm getting ready for all the usual side effects of being nauseous, hot and sleepless. And let's not forget that my body takes all of one dose to remember how to get puffy. My favorite part.

But, oh my God, I might start breathing again!

You see my dilemma? On the one hand I can be puffy... on the other hand I can breathe. Puffy or breathe? Puffy or breathe?

To keep it in perspective, 30mg is low for me and I hopefully won't be on them for long, so I'm going to do what I tell others to do in situations such as this... I'm going to buck up and take it like a woman.

Really, people... you didn't actually think I was going to say take it like a man, did you? If you did then you haven't watched this:

:)

3 comments:

  1. You can do it! YOU ARE A WOMAN!!! Riley WILL HELP!!!! I'm carrying you in my heart, lifting you to the Lord and our spirits are dancing together.
    janella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to your site...I have asthma and also need/ use steroids....and yes they do awful things to my body...but I like to breathe too. I have not read all about you so I do not know why use use these drugs..but I do understand the upset of them...I hope to stay with you and learn of you and see how we perhaps are alike in some ways...~

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah yes, the dilemma. im on my 3rd day and i still have that pain in my chest. wondering if its something else. dang.

    video=HIL-FRIGGIN-LARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete