Friday, June 27, 2008

One Month Later...

Seriously, I've been writing this blog for a month now... every day. Can I tell you that I'm psyching myself out over the fact that I've written every day, which means I've created an expectation that I will have something to say every day. And I know all of you who know me are going to roll your eyes at this suggestion... but what if I run out of things to talk about?!?

No, really. I only have so many stories from my childhood. And I'm not some sort of well of deep thoughts. I'm basically a "what you see is what you get" sort of girl, and there may come a time when you've seen all I got.

You know what I mean.

That's the trouble with the way my life has panned out... days will go by when nothing even remotely interesting happens to me. I mean, if you go to work you inevitably get stuck in traffic or see someone at a convenience store with crazy hair or get gum stuck on your shoe. If you stay at home with your kids they inevitably say something adorable or stick a cheerio up their nose or something. But when you exist within four walls like I do, sometimes the most exciting thing that happens is when it looks like Riley is winking at me. Ironically, I find it terribly entertaining... but I'm not sure I could fill a whole blog post about it.

So, in order to maybe have a couple extra days of material stored up, I think I'm going to post on weekdays and take the weekends off. That's when most people seem to be checking the blog anyway (I won't tell your bosses what you're doing at work... I promise). And if the day comes when I post endlessly about the paint peeling on my walls, feel free to email me with questions or topic suggestions... I'm always happy for the input. It may save you from hearing about the adorable winking dog for the 53rd day in a row. You never know, it may come to that. But I think I had an interesting enough childhood to get through another month or so. We'll have to see!

In the meantime, have a fantastic weekend - hope it's filled with sunshine for you all and I'll meet you back here bright and early Monday morning...

:)

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you got to post just about everyday! I wish I can do that...have so much to write about but just don't have enough time to sit down and do so.

    Hope you have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Gitz, I really don't think we have to worry about YOU running out of things to say but we can give you the weekends off even though it will change my little ritual of my time with you everyday. Perhaps those two days I'll have to email you!! Hope you are physically doing better. Are you?

    ReplyDelete