Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 32

gitzbitslogo2 divider blue

Monday, August 9, 2010

8.9.10

We’ll just call this above photo an experiment gone wrong. :)

You may recall me telling you once or twice that Riley, much to my dismay, MARKS IN MY KITCHEN. And lately, I’m cleaning the carpet more than I’d like to be. While, admittedly, I’m the world’s worst at math, I can totally calculate that a stressed out Riley equals a marking Riley, which equals a frustrated me.

I have to admit, within all my frustration, is a big helping of guilt as well. See, since I haven’t been able to tolerate the outside air, I can’t have Riley out in it either. It gets in his fur, he gets next to me and my lungs enflame.

Which makes him the homebound dog of a homebound owner.

We had the bright idea that maybe if he could mark outside like a normal dog, he wouldn’t inside the house. So Jonboy took him around the yard for a stroll. During said stroll, Tyler kept exclaiming that he was peeing constantly. Which he was. The dog likes to mark.

Like, every single blade of grass.

But he also doesn’t like to be without me very long and pulled his way back to the door in short order. We brought him in and immediately saturated him in the hopes of cleaning him off before I reacted to the air in his fur, but that idea failed miserably. Within seconds of him walking through the door my voice was gone, I was taking Benadryl and using the inhaler.

Needless to say, that’s an experiment we won’t be doing again. Which means Riley is homebound permanently. And he would be able to blame it all on his mother in therapy if only he could talk. 

divider blue

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

8.10.10

I was on the phone with my friend Kelly on Tuesday night when she asked if the sky was dark outside my window. She said it looked light over here [she lives about 10 minutes away] but that it was eerily dark where she was.

I looked out the window and could see why... there was an absolute line where the storm clouds met the clear summer sky. It was the weirdest thing... the clouds moved so fast, when I first looked outside the line was above the garages right out my window, but by the time I grabbed the camera they were almost to this second set of garages.

It seriously was like watching the dementors move in over Hogwarts. [You have to be a Harry Potter fan to understand how creepy that is.]

divider blue

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

8.11.10

And from the creepy storm clouds comes the summer rain.

This was taken at about 3:00 in the morning when the thunder was apparently directly over my roof as the rain knocked at my windows to make sure I was paying appropriate attention to it’s skill. :)

divider blue

Thursday, August 12, 2010

8.12.10

This is the new background for Padma... my Nie Nie and Yodi remind me every day that laughing with abandon is as essential as breathing. Or at least it should be.

divider blue

Friday, August 13, 2010

8.13.10

Now this... this is a sad sad photo. But I have been assured by many that my plants are not dead, the flowering blooms have just given up in the summer heat.

Despite all the rain providing plenty of saturation, the 110 degree heat index for the past few weeks was apparently more than any bloom could take. But I’m looking at it as a temporary hiccup in the future of my lovely garden.

And I’m glad my condo has stayed at a cool 67 degrees, because I personally don’t want to wilt. :)

divider blue

Saturday, August 14, 2010

8.14.10

This is a photo of Mary and her daughter Annalyn. I met Mary through this blogging world, and she is also one of the regular contributors at (in)courage.

She was in Iowa this past weekend for the Iowa State Fair [it’s so crazy that I live in Iowa and have never been to it... apparently it’s a pretty big deal :)] and drove over to spend a few hours with me before heading back home. She had come once before when Alece was here, but this was my first time getting to meet Miss Annalyn. She was so entertaining and made quite the story out of some of Riley’s dog toys and the random decorations around my house.

You can tell they use their imagination a lot at their home, which was so fun to get to see. It took me back to a time when I could create an entire world under a weeping willow at the farm. It was nice to get lost with Mary and Annalyn for an afternoon in her little world, too.

divider blue

Sunday, August 15, 2010

8.15.10

We’ll close with the sulking pup who, after a year and a half, finally got to go outside and pee on the grass.

And knows he won’t again.

We may need to up his antidepressants. :)

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus